REGISTRATION OF HINDU MARRIAGE
Hindu Marriage can be registered either
At the Sub Registrar Office where the marriage venue is situated,
At the Sub Registrar Office in whose jurisdiction either wife or husband has been residing for at least six months immediately preceding the date of marriage.
Here are some of the documents needed for the marriage registration process:
· Filled out application form signed by both the to-be husband and the to-be wife
· Proof of Address, which could be the Voter ID/ Ration Card/ Passport or Drivers License
· Proof of Date of Birth of both the parties
· Two passport-sized photographs
· One marriage photograph
· Separate Marriage Affidavits in the prescribed format from the husband and the wife
· Aadhaar Card, in light of the new laws (however, this is not mandatory)
All the above-mentioned documents must be self-attested.